1. 3 cups bowtie pasta
2. 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3. 7 or 8 middle-sized stalks asparagus
4. 10-15 thick baby carrots OR 2 whole carrots
5. 3/4 cup chicken broth
6. 4 tablespoons course Dijon mustard
7. 3/4 cup whipping cream
1. Boil about 5 cups of water.
2. Add pasta and salt. Boil 8 minutes.
3. While pasta boils, thinly chop asparagus and carrots, into rounds.
4. Add vegetables to pasta. Boil another 4 minutes.
5. Drain whole mixture and return to pot. Lower heat to medium.
6. Add whipping cream and chicken broth. Cook 3 minutes, stirrinng constantly.
7. Add mustard. Cook another 3 minutes. Do not stop stirring.
Notes: If you like asparagus tips (as I do), feel free to include them! However, you should take care not to damage them (and therefore leave them whole and intact) if you plan to add them into your pasta.